The "Map settings" tab can be found once "Edit" has been selected in either Adventures or Events from your menu or dashboard (you must be logged in).
This setting tab allows you to fully customise your maps through Permissions, General, Markers, Stops/breaks, Map overlays, Adventure path, Units, Marking information boxes, Statistics and Filetering.
PermissionsPermissions allows you to limit who can your Events and Adventures when they're live.
- Select your "Active Veiwing" choice from the dropdown menu. This sets permissions about who can view your Event or Adventure once it's live, whether it be Public, URL only, Password required or Private.
- Select your "Past Viewing" choice from the dropdown menu. This sets permissions about who can view your Event or Adventure once it's completed and uploaded to MAProgress.com, whether it be Public, URL only, Password Required or Private.
- Enter a specified amount and unit for "Public delay," this delays showing the details of your Event or Adventure to the public by a specified time to ensure security and protect your privacy.
- You can show your hidden locations by checking the "Show hidden locations" check box.
- Select your "Route editing" choice from the dropdown menu. This sets permissions about who can edit route details, whether it be Public, Password required or Private (default is set to Private).
GeneralGeneral allows you edit the general display settings of your map.
- Add/Edit the name of your map by entering into the "Name" input box.
- If your simply making changes to a specific map, leave "Update settings" selected or select "Create new settings" if you want to create an entirely new set of settings.
- Select your "Base map" from the dropdown menu, this is your base map provider with different layers available for each
- Check the "Allow multiple base maps" checkbox if you want display multiple layers, mobile view is always just a single map provider.
- Select the "Type" of map from the dropdown menu which when initially load when you open the map
- Select the type of "Viewport centre/zoom" settings you want your map to have e.g. Automatic, Route auto, Last marker or Adventure auto.
- Check the "Require HTTPs" check box if maps can only be viewed over a secure connection.
- Keep the "Allow downloading of locations" to allow you to export your Adventures as GPX, CSV or KML along with viewing graphs, deselect if not.
MarkersMarkers allows you to edit what each different will look like on your map.
Markers can be customised by selecting a marker from the dropdown menus for Planned start, Actual start, New movement, Tracking, Stop, Check-in/OK, Custom message, Help, Overnight stop, Last postion, Acutal finish, Planned finish and Status.
Stops/breaksStops/breaks allows you enter a stopped value and unit and if two locations are less than this distance apart they are counted as stopped, not moving.
- Enter a value for "Stopped Tolerance" within the input box followed by selecting the unit from the dropdown menu.
- Enter a value for "Hours" in the input box to display a different marker if the next marker is at least the number of hours entered ahead.
- Click the "No Breaks" button for your map not register breaks.
Map overlaysMap overlays allow you to select which map layers will be initially loaded when the map is opened and the transparency of the layers.
To select a layer to be displayed on your map, ensure the checkboxes are checked next to layer types you require.
To adjust the transparency of your selected layers, move the slider along and you'll see a percentage change in transparency.
Adenture pathAdventure path is the line that links your markers on the path of your adventure.
- Deselect the "Show Line" checkbox to remove the line linking each marker, default is to show a line linking each marker.
- To change the colour of your line, click on the input box to open the colour selector.
- To change the opacity of your line, enter a value between 1-100 within the "Opacity" input box.
- To change the width of your line, enter a value within the "Width" input box (popular widths are bewteen 2-8).
UnitsUnits allows you to select which units your data is displayed in.
- Select how distance will be displayed by selecting an option from the "Distance" dropdown menu.
- Select how speed will be displayed by selecting an option from the "Speed" dropdown menu.
- Select how elevation will be displayed by selecting an option from the "Evelvation" dropdown menu.
- Select how Gradient will be displayed by selecting an option from the "Gradient" dropdown menu.
- Select how elapsed time will be formatted by selecting an option from the "Elapsed time format" dropdown menu.
Marker information boxesMarker information boxes allow you to choose what data is displayed in the information box when a marker is clicked.
By default, all data is set to be displayed in the information box when a marker is selected. To add/remove data fields, simply select/deselect the check boxes next to each data field.
StatisticsStatistics allow you to display a box with key statistics for your adventure.
To display a box with your statistics, check the "Display" check box. The statistics are broken down into Day and Overall statistics, check/uncheck the checkboxes next to Distance, Time, Speed & Ascent/descent to display or hide these data fields.
FilteringFiltering allows you to view the history of the adevntures markers and select how many markers should be shown and how they should be distributed.
- Distribtuion is how the markers are distributed, check either "By distance" to distribute markers evenly by distance or "By time" to distribute markers where you've spent the most time
- Filtering is how many total markers will be displayed over the course of your adventure, check either "Percentage" to show just a percentage of markers or "Total" to select a specific number of markers to display.
- History is how far back, for an adventure still under way, you want to display the adventure path and markers. Select your option from the dropdown menu.